All vacancies are posted on the school system website and in each school or worksite for 14 days, except in emergency conditions. In those cases, all positions except administrative may be posted only 7 days.
Position classifications are as follows:
CERTIFIED/PROFESSIONAL: Teachers, Nurses (RN), Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Therapists, Counselors, Central Office Administrators, Principals, Assistant Principals, and other professional positions.
CLASSIFIED: Custodial Staff, Instructional Aides, Maintenance Staff, Staff Support, Bookkeepers, Secretarial/Clerical, Transportation, and various technology positions.
1. An application may be downloaded from this site or obtained by calling Gail Brasell at (256) 234-8607.† Completed applications should be returned to the Alexander City Board of Education at the following address:
Mrs. Gail Brasell
Human Resource and Benefits Coordinator
Alexander City Board of Education
375 Lee St.
Alexander City, AL† 35010
2. A completed application consists of the following:
1. †A resume.
2. Official application for employment.
3. A copy of a valid Alabama teaching certificate.
4. A complete transcript of all college course work.
5. Three stamped envelopes addressed to each reference.†
3. If an application is currently on file, you must notify the Personnel office in writing, of your interest in this position in order to be considered for an interview.
4. The Principal and others deemed essential to the employment decision will interview the applicant.
5. Each applicant interviewed will receive written notification of action taken regarding the position for which applicant has applied.
6. Upon employment, the employee must submit the following:
1. Background check and fingerprinting which requires a $51.40 fee.
2. Copy of driverís license.
3. Copy of Social Security Card.
It is the policy of the Alexander City Board of Education that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, nationality, origin, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under program, activity, or employment.
System Contact: Pat Mann, Title IX and 504 Coordinator, 375 Lee Street, Alexander City, Alabama Phone: (256)234-8672